Thursday 10 November 2016

TOKE MAKINWA ADDS ANOTHER FEATHER TO HER HAT, THE OAP, & BLOGGER TURNS AUTHOR



Toke Makinwa is set to release her first book, ‘On Becoming’
Nigerian OAP and Vlogger, Toke Makinwa has completed work on her first ever book.
The new book, titled On Becoming according to Toke, is the story of her life and inspired by God.
Narrating the story behind the book, Toke says;
Today is the most exciting day of my life. Today I Become ❤️… I hereby introduce you to #OnBecoming. At the beginning of last year (2015) when the lord told me I was going to write a book I was confused. Is it God’s voice, is it mine? How will this work? I never planned to write a book, what I’m I supposed to write. I did what I had become used to, I ran. Just Like Jonah; I ran. I pushed it deep down and completely let it go. And then it began, God started sending people to me. Every time someone told me they thought I should write a book, I remembered my conversation with God in January but I was still unsure. (Fear maybe), I felt the idea was great but deep down I was not fully convinced.
Then came June and my world fell apart. My world was crushed completely and in all of the pain I heard it again. This time, I knew what happened to me happened for a reason. I am a city set on a hill. My life will reflect God’s glory. I have been given a platform to share and God was going to use my pain. In the pain there was a message and On Becoming was conceived. On Becoming is My journey through pain to victory. It is my prayer that God does what he planned from the start with this project. I can’t wait to put author in my bio. I wrote a book ya’ll. I did it.’
The book will be available on November 28, 2016.

No comments:

Post a Comment