Tuesday 29 November 2016

UNN POLICE BEGIN INVESTIGATION INTO THE ALLEGED SUICIDE BY STUDENT


The deceased was a final year student of Agriculture Economics and a native of Awgu in Enugu State.

The Enugu Police Command on Tuesday commenced an investigation on alleged suicide by a University of Nigeria, Nsukka (UNN) student.

In a statement signed by its Public Relations Officer, Mr Ebere Amarizu, the command said that the deceased, identified as Mr Tobechukwu Okeke, was a final year student of Agriculture Economics and a native of Awgu in Enugu State.
It said that Okeke was seen in his room lifeless with a blue rope on his neck hung on the ceiling fan’s hook on Nov. 27.
The command said that a note written by the deceased to his friends and relations was found at the scene of the alleged suicide.
“Some of the excerpts from the note read as follows: “I got it all wrong when I rejected Jesus. God gave me wisdom, God gave me all I needed to succeed. I rejected Him.
“My fellow gamblers, I am sorry; my fellow lions, I am sorry; my family, I let you all down,” it said.

No comments:

Post a Comment