Tuesday 31 October 2017

Actor Gerald Butler lands in the hospital after attempting to use bee venom to treat his sore muscles



The Scottish-born actor recently revealed that he was hospitalized after willingly getting an injection of bee venom in a quest to ease his sore muscles following a day of filming stunts for his new movie, Geostorm.
“I had heard of this guy injecting bee venom, because apparently it has many anti-inflammatory compounds,” Butler said on an ITV talkshow. “So, I’m like: ‘Come, come to New Orleans where we’re filming.’ So, he gives me a shot, and I go: ‘Oh, that’s interesting’—because it stings.”
Butler explained that the practitioner then went on to inject him 10 more times, at which point he had a predictably bad reaction.
“I kind of enter this anaphylactic shock,” Butler said. “It’s awful, creepy crawlies all over me, swelled up, heart’s going to explode. But I go through it, and then I find out he gave me 10 times too much.”
He said that following the procedure, he was immediately transported to the hospital and treated. But then somehow, even with the hospital stay, Butler said that just four days later, he gave the muscle recovery remedy one more try.
“I decide to do it again because, I think: ‘Maybe I just took too much.’ So, he’s on the phone, and this time I have to go to the hospital [again].” He added, “The guys at the hospital are like, ‘What is it this time?’ But I made it through, [although] now I have to worry anytime a bee is around!”

No comments:

Post a Comment