Tuesday 12 December 2017

Singer Fergie reveals she formerly struggled with a crystal meth addiction

Fergie.

Before she became famous, Fergie fought drug addiction, and in a new interview with Britain's iNews, the singer opened up about her worst experiences with crystal meth.
"At my lowest point, I was [suffering from] chemically-induced psychosis and dementia," she recalled. "I was hallucinating on a daily basis. It took a year after getting off that drug for the chemicals in my brain to settle so that I stopped seeing things. I’d just be sitting there, seeing a random bee or bunny."
Fergie's hallucinations were extreme: On certain occasions, she told iNews, she believed government agencies including 
the CIA and FBI were pursuing her. In a prior interview with Marie Claire, Fergie explained how her meth-induced paranoia drove her to paint all her windows black. That way, the "FBI" couldn't keep watch on her. 
Realizing that the SWAT teams in her brain weren't reality, but rather a result of drug abuse, was "freeing," she said in the interview. The former Black Eyed Peas singer once classified meth addiction as "the hardest boyfriend I ever had to break up with."
Fergiewho just released Double Dutchess, her first solo album in 11 yearskicked her habit nearly two decades ago, telling iNews that her hallucinations were ultimately what prompted her to get clean in the first place.
"The drugs thing, it was a hell of a lot of fun… until it wasn’t," Fergie said. "But you know what, I thank the day it happened to me. Because that’s my strength, my faith, my hope for something better."

No comments:

Post a Comment