Saturday 22 July 2017

OJ Simpson to be released on parole after nine years in prison

A parole committee in Nevada has granted OJ Simpson release from his 33 year jail sentence after serving nine years.


The four-person board determined that OJ was qualified for parole and poses no risk to commit any offence.
‘I’ve done my time,’ OJ said at the hearing, adding, ‘I’ve done it as well and as respectfully as I think anyone can.’
The former NFL star was serving a nine-to-33-year sentence for an armed robbery and kidnapping in Las Vegas in 2007.
OJ is expected to be released as early as October.
‘I’ve spent nine years making no excuses about anything,’ OJ said in his closing remarks at the hearing.
He added, ‘I am sorry that things turned out the way they did. I had no intent to commit a crime.’

No comments:

Post a Comment