Saturday 5 August 2017

Saraki clears the air for Nigerians says his son is not interested in politics




The President of the Senate, Dr Bukola Saraki, has ruled out the possibility of his son participating in the governorship race in Kwara in 2019. He said, at a Forum in Abuja that it was untrue that his son was being groomed as the next governor of the state. 

According to him, the boy is not interested in politics. That is not in the offing at all; I am sure he doesn’t even want to hear politics at all. “You know it is not easy for children who are born to politicians, especially at this time, to embrace politics. 

When I was much younger, we were insulated from some of the political issues, and because we didn’t read the newspapers, we didn’t know what was happening. I reluctantly went into politics, you can go and check. 

Once or twice, I was given the form to run for House of Representatives, and I remember I just travelled and disappeared for months. After seeing what my father had been through I thought to myself that this is not for me,” he said.

No comments:

Post a Comment