Sunday 20 August 2017

Jay-Z addresses rumors pertaining some lyrics from his 4:44 Album

Hip-Hop mogul Jay-Z speaking  on the "4:44" album  with Elliott Wilson  and  B. Dot on Rap radar podcast.

Jay-Z in his first interview since releasing "4:44" spoke on some a range of talking points on the album.
The Hip-Hop mogul was speaking with Elliott Wilson and B. Dot on Rap radar podcast.
Hov as he is also called touched on the Kanye West feud, which people perceived strongly in 'Kill Jay-Z'.
He says Kanye crossed the line by bringing family into any disagreement they may be having.

 “He knows that he crossed the line,” JAY-Z said, referring to when Kanye West went on rants at concerts about him and his wife BeyoncĂ©. West had also, at the time, lamented that his kids and JAY-Z’s never play together. 
“But what really hurt me was, you can’t bring my kids and my wife into it. Kanye’s my little brother. He’s talked about me 100 times. He made a song called Big Brother. We’ve gotten past bigger issues. But you brought my family into it, now it’s a problem with me. That’s a real, real problem. And he knows it’s a problem,” JAY-Z said adding, Don’t talk about anyone’s kid onstage. It’s too much energy. You give room for anybody to comment. Our children are already in this place where they are affected by our celebrity. Don’t go doing something that allows people to pit us against each other and talk about my child or even his child. Don’t do that.” 
" I know him. He knows. I know he knows, because we’ve never let this much space go between one of our disagreements, and we’ve had many because that’s who we are. That’s what I like about him. He’s an honest person, he’s open and he’ll say things and he’s wrong a lot of times and he’ll confront it." 
" But that’s not the point. The point is, I was getting to the point where I said, ‘You got hurt by that.’ That’s nothing. You can’t diss somebody saying you got hurt. That’s the softest diss of all time. ‘You got hurt ’cause you did cool by ‘Ye.’ I dissed myself, actually. What are you talking about, you suck-ass ni**a? That’s the softest shit of all time." 
He also noted that their disagreement was never related to the Tidal legal and money issues.
"West's decision has always been his decision I can't hold anyone back from doing anything," Jay-Z said about Kanye.
The Roc Nation Boss also spoke on supporting the Black man's  vision. He talked about how Black people need to start supporting themselves to do great things. He used an example of a fellow black man Lavar Ball of the Big Baller brand that's started up the business of making sneakers.

"Why do we get so upset when we as a culture wanna start our own sh*t, that is puzzling to me, I sit back like this makes no sense."
"We are culture, nothing moves without us, we just continue to give it away, and it's cool, everyone can participate." 
On the elevator incident with sister-in-law Solange, Jay referred to her as his sister, not a sister-in-law.

 “We’ve always had a great relationship. I fought my brothers and argued with my brothers my whole life. It just so happens, who we are, these things go into a different space, but it ain’t nothing. We’ve had one disagreement ever. Before and after, we’ve been cool. She’s like my sister. I will protect her. That’s my sister. Not my sister-in-law. My sister.”
Commenting on how that incident resulted in the release of three great albums "Lemonade", " A Seat At The Table"  and " 4:44", Jay-Z complimented all three of them as incredibly gifted artists.
 “I think we went into that elevator great artists. That don’t surprise me. I’ve always loved Solange’s music. I think she was slept on before this album. I thought the album before this one was amazing too. Incredible artist. Bey made an incredible album before, a hundred of ’em. She literally has 100 hits. It isn’t like she didn’t have hits before this last album. It sounds good. It’s a good thing to say.” 
Speaking on if he was dissing rapper Future on the track 'Kill Jay-Z, where he raps where he raps: “I don’t even know what you woulda done, in the Future, other niggas playin’ football with your son,”  Hov explained that it was a coincidence with the name. 
"I don’t mean any malice. I’m not discrediting all step-pops in the world. It was a line to say, that could happen to me in my future. It just so happened that his name was Future, and then I just made a scheme out of it. I wasn’t trying to put Future down. We just made a song together, I don’t have any problems with him. 

No comments:

Post a Comment